The Professional Development Grant is an award for a financial scholarship, given out on an annual basis, to participating SWHSL library staff.
The goal of this grant is to support SWHSL members who request funding to attend professional meetings. Financial aid from this program will enable SWHSL members to attend conferences sponsored by professional associations or organizations which might not be available locally and for which funds might not otherwise be available.
Types of professional meetings:
- National Library Conferences
- State and Local Library Conferences
- Applicants for the grant need to function in a professional capacity within their SWHSL member institution.
- Prior recipients may not apply for a grant within three years of the acceptance date of a previous grant from SWHSL.
- The support grant or grants will be distributed on the basis of the funds available.
Grant information and application
Past grant recipients
2021: Elizabeth Suelzer, MLIS, AHIP
Critical Appraisal Institute for Librarians
Presentation: Odds Ratios & Risk Ratios
2020: Kathy Koch, MLIS, AHIP
Supporting Clinical Care: An Evidence Based Institute for Medical Librarians
Presentation: Supporting Clinical Care